End your day with this delicious, light, and nutritious frittata recipe from What to Eat When co-creator Dr. Crupain. The combination of fiber-packed veggies and protein-packed eggs will keep you full and satisfied.
- 1 red, green, or yellow pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1/2 lb mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 eggs (12 whites and 4 yolks)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Dice pepper, carrot, and celery. Slice mushrooms and then chop garlic. Heat an oven-safe non-stick 8-inch skillet over medium-heat and olive oil. When the oil is simmering add peppers, carrots, and celery.
3. Cook until softened about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, separate the eggs and whisk to combine.
4. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add mushrooms and garlic to the other vegetables and cook another 3 minutes until soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Now add the eggs. Cook on the stove top for three minutes stirring to make sure vegetables are evenly distributed. Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 12 to 15 minutes. You know it’s done when it is puffed and just set — you don’t want to overcook it. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes, then cut and serve.