Photo by Elizabeth Griffin
You can't go wrong with the sweet and savory combination of chicken and waffles. Dust off your waffle iron to make these delicious appetizers in no time at all. They're perfect to feed a crowd and are guarenteed to be a hit at any party.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 4 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup whole milk, plus 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp melted butter, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 cup corn starch
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- a few dashes hot sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- black pepper, to taste
For the waffles:
1. Place the 2 cups flour, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl whisk to combine 3 eggs, maple syrup, and 1/2 cup milk.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk almost incorporated. Add 1 tablespoon butter and mix until smooth. Let the batter sit while the waffle iron heats. Use the remaining butter to brush onto the waffle iron. Add a 1/2 cup of batter to each square and cook until the waffle maker shows the waffles are ready.
To make the chicken:
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Create a dredging station by placing the cornstarch, some salt and pepper and the rest of the spices onto a rimmed plate.
3. In a separate rimmed plate add the 3 whisked eggs, milk, hot sauce, and some salt and pepper. Place 2 cups almond flour and the breadcrumbs on a third plate and season with salt and pepper.
4. Dredge each piece of chicken through the cornstarch mixture, shaking off any excess. Then into the egg mixture, and then into the breadcrumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake into the oven until golden brown and cooked through, about 30 minutes.
5. To serve the chicken with the waffles by placing a waffle on a cutting board and placing a piece of chicken on top of the waffle. Top with an additional waffle and cut into 4 pieces. Place a skewer through each waffle stack and serve with maple syrup and hot sauce.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Outrageous Signs My Loved One Was Sending From Heaven .
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!