Photo by Elizabeth Griffin
This recipe is Total Health Take Back-Approved!
If you're looking for a healthy starch option that pairs well with most flavors, this sweet potato recipe is perfect. Unlike traditional white potatoes, sweet potatoes are filled with antioxidants and won't spike your blood sugar as much.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 4 small sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp crushed coriander seed
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with cold water. Season with 2 generous tablespoons of kosher salt. Bring to a boil and then set to a simmer. Cook the potatoes until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes and set out on a towel to cool.
3. Once the potatoes have cooled, cut each in half across the centers. Get a sheet pan and drizzle with half of the olive oil. Place the potatoes onto the sheet pan and, using your hands, smash each potato until flat. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the potatoes and gently toss to make sure each potato is coated. Season with more salt and the spices. Place in the oven and cook 10-12 minutes per side until the edges are crispy.
4. Remove from the oven and top with the yogurt and chives. Drizzle any remaining oil and spices from the sheet pan onto the top of the potatoes. Serve.