Lemon chicken and roasted potatoes is warm, comforting, and a perfect dinner option for brisk fall evening. Whip up this dish in under an hour and feed the whole family.
Get more recipes from The Dish at Home.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 6 pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 lemons, one sliced and one zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp oregano, chopped
- 2 lbs new potatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Place the sliced potatoes and onions into a roasting pan with the sliced lemons. Place the chicken pieces on top of the potatoes and onions, skin-side up.
3. In a large bowl, add the lemon juice and zest, garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika, and whisk to combine. Add in the herbs and drizzle in the olive oil. Pour the mixture over the chicken and potatoes and roast in the oven for 35-45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are crispy around the edges and tender in the center.
4. Remove from the oven and let rest. Serve.