Gail serves up a delicious lasagna full of autumn flavors.
- 1 box lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flake
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 2-3 cups tomato sauce
- to garnish basil
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, ricotta, half of the mozzarella, and half the parm. Season with salt and red pepper flakes. Add in the garlic and the thyme taste for seasoning.
3. Set up a rolling station by laying out 4 or 5 of the lasagna noodles and spreading some of the filling over each noodle. Roll each noodle up into a pinwheel and set aside.
4. Fill the bottom of a small or oval square 8 by 8 baking dish with some of the sauce and then place the rolls into the baking dish. Cover with the remaining sauce, mozzarella, and parm. Place into the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling at the sides.
5. Remove from the oven and let the roll-ups sit for about 10 minutes before serving. Plate and garnish with basil and some additional parm.