Banana bread was all the rage during the beginning stages of quarantine. If you haven't grown tired of this baked good, here's another recipe to try that has whole wheat and quinoa flour for a healthier take. Plus, the dark chocolate chips mixed in and sliced banana on top takes this bread to the next level (for flavor and presentation).
Get more recipes from The Dish at Home.
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, plus more for greasing pan
- 4 bananas, 3 coarsely mashed, 1 sliced thinly lengthwise
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease a loaf pan, then dust with 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour, knocking out excess.
2. In a bowl, whisk together whole wheat and quinoa flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together sugar and eggs until smooth. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until incorporated, then mix in mashed bananas, yogurt, and vanilla. Gently fold in flour mixture and chocolate to combine.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and top with remaining banana slices.
5. Bake until bread is golden and a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
6. Cool loaf in pan on a wire rack for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto the rack. Turn loaf right side up and allow to cool slightly more before slicing. Serve warm or at room temperature.