Photo by Elizabeth Griffin
Shrimp scampi does not have to be eaten only at restaurants, bring a fancy meal to your weeknight dinners at home with this recipe. It's not only easy to make, but it's also lower in carbs because of the chickpea pasta.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- chickpea spaghetti, linguine, or fettuccine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 4 tbsp toasted panko breadcrumbs
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside reserving 1 cup pasta water.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and when the skillet is hot, add in the shrimp. Cook the shrimp 2 minutes per side and remove from the pan to a plate.
3. Add in the butter and shallots and garlic to the pan. Stir in the red pepper flakes and add in the white wine. Reduce the wine by half and add the shrimp back to the pan with the pasta and pasta water if needed.
4. Stir in the lemon zest and the fresh herbs. Plate and top with the toasted breadcrumbs.