Mix up your traditional sweet potato recipe with this new twist. This dish is loaded with antioxidants as well as other beneficial vitamins and minerals. Plus, it's a great dish if you're looking for larger recipes to cook for a crowd.
2 cups pomegranate juice 12 oz ginger ale 1/2 tsp ground ginger 1 tbsp unsalted butter 3 sweet potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks 4 sprigs fresh rosemary 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1/4 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted kosher salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. To make the syrup, in a medium saucepan, combine the pomegranate juice, ginger ale, and ginger. Bring to a boil and simmer rapidly until reduced to 1/3 to 1/2 cup. The mixture should be syrupy and coat the back of a spoon. Whisk in the butter, and season with salt. Keep warm.
3. To make the sweet potatoes, toss the sweet potatoes with rosemary, lemon slices, and oil in a rimmed sheet pan. Season with salt.
4. Roast until the sweet potatoes are tender, tossing once or twice, 30-40 minutes. Toss with the pecans and pumpkin seeds and roast 5 minutes more.
5. Mound the sweet potatoes on a platter and drizzle with the syrup, making sure you hit all the potatoes.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.