Photo from Elizabeth Griffin
If you're looking to switch to a simpler and cleaner approach to cooking, make sure you're choosing lean proteins like salmon and chicken over fatty proteins like beef. This five-ingredient salmon recipe is perfect for an at-home dinner by yourself, or even with your family, because it only takes 10 minutes to whip up, it's healthy, and it's filling.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 5 (6 oz) salmon filets, boneless and skinless
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt & black pepper, to taste
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and cut into kernels
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 lime, juiced and with the zest (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and brush with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
3. Place the salmon onto the baking sheet and brush the top of each piece of salmon with an additional tablespoon of oil.
4. Season with salt and pepper and place into the oven. Cook the salmon for 8-10 minutes for medium. Cook it a bit longer if you like your salmon well done.
5. While the salmon is cooking, place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan.
6. Add the corn and season with salt and pepper and cook for about a minute before adding the black beans and half of the scallions. Toss to coat and stir in the tomatoes.
7. Remove the salmon from the oven and place each piece on a plate. Top with the corn mixture and garnish with the remaining scallions as well as a little lime juice and zest.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!