8 oz fresh crabmeat, shredded 5 oz gluten-free bread crumbs 1 tbsp mayonnaise 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 1 medium red onion, diced 1 clove garlic, diced 1 whole large egg 1 tsp fresh lemon juice 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped 1 tsp seasoning of your choice dash of gluten-free Worcestershire sauce 3 tbsp canola oil, for frying wedges of fresh lemon salt and pepper to taste
1. Set a medium pan on low heat, add 1 tbsp canola oil, and sweat the onions and the garlic. Set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and then add the onions and garlic mixture.
3. Adjust seasonings.
4. Shape mixture into 2-inch medium crab cake size, cover, and place in the fridge to cool for about 10 minutes. Do not over handle the mixture.
5. Add the remaining canola oil in a large pan. On medium heat, fry the crab cakes for two minutes on both sides, or until golden brown.
6. Serve with a mixed salad or diced watermelon.
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s newsletter and never miss the best content.
Get everything you need to live healthy and happy.
Click here to sign up.