The humble garlic bulb is nature’s pungent source of allicin, a phytochemical that is a powerful detoxifying and anti-microbial agent. Eat plenty of garlic to boost your levels of this crucial chemical as well as the sulfur needed to produce glutathione – the body’s most powerful detoxifying molecule.
- 2 cups canned white beans
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups fresh baby mixed greens
Recipe courtesy of Dr. Mark Hyman.