Instead of waking up with a steaming cup of English breakfast tea, brew this favorite blend of Rachel Beller, MS, RDN. This spiced beverage may help lower the risk of pancreatic cancer thanks to the use of green tea, which has a high concentration of cancer-fighting compounds and has been shown in lab studies to inhibit abnormal tumor cell growth. The addition of turmeric root, which inhibits inflammatory pathways in cancer cells, and ginger, which has potent anti-cancer properties, will give you an even greater boost in resisting the disease.
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp turmeric root, grated
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 8 oz cold water
- 1-2 tsp green tea
1. Place the ginger, turmeric root, and black peppercorns in a kettle or pot.
2. Pour 8 ounces, or one cup, of cold water into the vessel and bring to a gentle boil.
3. Reduce heat to simmer and let the ingredients soak in the tea water for 15 minutes.
4. Strain the tea water into a mug or tea pot and place one green tea bag or an infuser containing 1-2 teaspoons of loose green tea in the vessel.
5. Let steep for 1-3 minutes, remove the tea bag or infuser, and enjoy.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!