This recipe is Total Health Take Back-Approved!
This chicken and vegetable combination is ideal for balancing the right food groups and getting the nutrients that you need to keep you healthy and strong. This recipe is easy to make and perfect for grilling in the backyard this summer.
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless and skin-on
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb green beans, stems removed
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp tarragon leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
1. Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium-high. Place the chicken thighs between two pieces of plastic wrap and gently pound to about a 1/2-inch thick. Season with salt and pepper and coat in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Place the chicken on the grill, skin-side down, and cook for about 4 minutes per side until the skin is crispy and the chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
3. Place the beans on to the grill and season with salt and pepper. Cook on all sides until bright green and charred in spots, about 3 minutes.
4. While the green beans cook, make the vinaigrette. Place the garlic, shallot, red wine vinegar, honey, and mustard into a bowl and whisk in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the green beans and tomatoes to the vinaigrette, and stir in the tarragon and lemon zest. Toss to combine.
6. Place each chicken thigh onto a plate and top with the green beans and tomatoes. Serve.