Grilling your pizza takes minutes and offers a ton of flavor without extra calories. You can purchase pre-made pizza dough in the dairy section of your local grocery store, make your own dough from scratch, or use pre-made flat breads like Indian naan or Greek pita breads. Once you've grilled the flatbread, load up with your favorite fresh vegetables and spices for a hearty, satsifying lunch or dinner.
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for topping if desired
- flatbread dough (use whole grain dough if on the DASH Diet)
- 1/2 tsp each of dried herbs, red pepper flakes, or other desired spices
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, cauliflower, arugula, or other cruciferous vegetables
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
1. Heat grill to medium heat and brush a light layer of oil. Cook both sides of flatbread dough until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
2. Top flatbread with sliced fresh vegetables and leafy greens. Season with olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, or herbs, to taste.
3. Transfer flatbread pizza to oven to finish cooking.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Alison Sweeney on Her Fight Against an Online Diet Pill Scam.