This simple and delicious recipe makes enough food for two! Enjoy an egg sandwich yourself and share this quick and easy breakfast with someone else. This Italian-inspired egg dish can be layered together in just one minute. Portability is key when you're in a rush. This recipe is great on-the-go and contains all the flavors of a dish from your favorite breakfast joint.
- 4 eggs
- 2 English muffins
- 2-8 basil leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 ball mozzarella, sliced
- 1-2 tsp olive oil or butter
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
1. In a small bowl, beat eggs with salt and pepper.
2. In a medium-sized nonstick pan, heat 1 tbsp of butter or olive oil, and add eggs.
3. Scramble eggs according to desired firmness. Remove from heat.
4. Toast English muffin.
5. Spread remaining butter or oil on both halves of the muffin.
6. Layer on a slice of mozzarella, tomato and basil leaves and top with eggs.
7. Top with other half of English muffin.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Oz Exclusive: My Dad’s Double Life as a Loving Father and a Serial Killer .