3/4 cup pitted dates
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
12 oz non-fat (or reduced-fat) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
3 tbsp honey
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp unflavored powdered gelatin
1. To make the crust place the cashews in a food processor and whirl until the cashews are chopped into smaller pieces. Add in the dates and the vanilla and blend until dough-like. (Tip: If your dates are dry and the dough is not sticking together, add 1-2 tbsp of water and process again.) Lightly spray a glass pie plate with cooking spray. As the dough will be fairly sticky, lightly spray your hands with cooking spray.
2. Distribute crust evenly in the dish, pressing up slightly around the edges to create a ridge. If you line the outside of the pie plate with sliced fruit, use a sharp knife to trim the edges of the crust into a straight, flat line.
3. Place the crust in the refrigerator until you are ready to add the filling.
4. To make the filling, combine the cream cheese (remember to let it soften at room temperature first!), Greek yogurt, lemon juice and honey in a food processor.
5. Place the unflavored powdered gelatin in a small heat-proof bowl or mug, add 2 tsp of cold water and stir until the gelatin softens.
6. Fill a skillet 1/2 inch of water and heat on stove over medium to low heat. Add another teaspoon of water to the gelatin and place the small bowl/mug in the skillet.
7. Stir the gelatin until it dissolves completely. Once dissolved, turn off stove and remove from heat.
8. Turn the food processor on and slowly add the gelatin to the filling mixture. Blend until evenly mixed, lump-free and creamy.
9. Evenly pour the filling on top of the crust in the glass pie plate. Optional: Add a topping! Berries, chocolate shavings, chocolate chips, nuts, caramel, Nutella, etc. Make it your own!
10. Refrigerate for one hour to allow the cheesecake to set. Remove the cheesecake and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before slicing with a sharp knife. (Tip: To keep the cheesecake from sticking to the knife, either run the knife under warm water or lightly spray with cooking spray before slicing.).
newsletter and never
miss the best content.
Get everything you
need to live healthy
and happy. Click here to sign up.