While potatoes often get a bad rap, it's usually tied to the frying oil and toppings that go along with it. JJ Virgin's favorite smashed potatoes are given a healthy makeover with grass-fed ghee, bone broth or veggie stock, and fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary.
- 2 cups organic baby Yukon Gold potatoes (skin on)
- 2 cups bone broth or veggie stock
- 2 tbsp grass-fed ghee
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (like thyme or rosemary)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut your potatoes into fourths and boil in the bone broth or stock for 10-15 minutes, until soft.
2. Transfer potatoes to bowl and add 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
3. Mash with the back of a fork or potato masher.
4. Add remaining ingredients and mix well; stir in more broth or stock as needed for desired consistency.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Is It Time to End the War on Potatoes?.