6 oz fresh liver 1 medium eggplant 2 medium tomatoes 1 medium carrot 1 red onion 2 tsp canola oil 2 tsp light soy sauce 1 tbsp lemon juice Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven at 300°F for 10 minutes. Place whole liver in salted milk for about 5 minutes. Remove, pat dry and slice into 3-inch steaks. Season.
2. After slicing and generously salting the eggplant, set aside for 10 minutes (this helps reduce the bitterness). Rinse eggplant in cold water, pat dry. Place eggplant in oven pan, brush with a thin layer of canola oil. Place in oven for 10 minutes, or till brown. Do not burn.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, under medium to high heat, saute the liver for 2 minutes on each side in 1 tsp canola oil, or to desired doneness. Add the lemon juice, and remove from heat immediately.
4. Transfer the liver into an oven pan, and place in oven to rest. Turn oven off.
5. Now, in the same pan, add the remaining oil, onions, carrots, garlic and tomatoes. Sauté for 1 minute. Add the soy sauce. Plate as desired.
6. Serve with steamed rice and garnish with cilantro, shredded red beet micro-salad and chives (optional).
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.