After a life-threatening heart scare and surgery from Dr. Oz, Ada Uduma became a chef. All her recipes focus on being nutritious, delicious, and heart-healthy. For more recipes, look to Chef Ada's cookbook Eating For Your Heart.
- 4 oz whole grain spaghetti
- 6 oz fresh shrimp
- 2 oz vegetable broth
- 1 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 twig coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. In a medium sauce pan, add one tablespoon of olive oil and under medium heat.
2. Add shrimp and stir for 30 seconds. Add the onions, ginger, and garlic, and sweat together.
3. Then add in the soy sauce and stir for another 30 seconds. Deglaze with the broth.
4. Combine with spring onions, oregano and cherry tomatoes. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. Adjust seasonings.
5. Toss cooked spaghetti together with the butter and remaining olive oil. Combine the spaghetti together in the pan with the sauce. Serve immediately with fresh coriander leaves.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in 3-Day Super Soup Restart Cleanse.