The Breathing Bowl is a medley of aromas and flavors that will help you reset and replenish. In this recipe, pumpkin, roasted garlic, Brussels sprouts, and Chili-Lime Dressing deliver energy and satisfaction. You'll find it in Hilaria Baldwin's The Living Clearly Method, her system for a fit body, healthy mind and joyful life.
- 1 cup cooked grain
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- roasted garlic, to taste
- 1/2 onion, diced
- Brussels sprouts (as many as you want!)
- 1 tbsp pepitas
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated lime peel
- 2 limes, juiced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tbsp chili paste (such as sriracha)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp tamari or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 2 scallions, green and white parts, minced
1. Combine your grain of choice, pumpkin, roasted garlic, onion, Brussels sprouts, and pepitas in a bowl.
2. Top off with Baldwin's Chili-Lime Dressing. To make the dressing, add limes, lime peel, chili paste, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, and scallions into a blender and blend until smooth.
**Note: The dressing makes more than one serving. Add two tablespoons to your bowl and save the rest in the refrigerator.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Oz Investigates: $99 Botox, Silicone Pumping Parties, and Fillers You Buy on the Internet.