Keep the grill warm for fall. You might want to invite the neighbors over to enjoy these homemade black bean burgers. This recipe yields 6, and each black bean patty is packed with garlic, parsley, cilantro, and egg.
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
- 2 tsp freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 6 burger buns
1. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-low heat.
2. In a food processor, pulse onion and garlic until finely chopped. Then, add 1 can black beans, cilantro, parsley, egg, and red pepper flakes. Pulse to combine.
3. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining can of black beans and then the bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
4. Reserve 1/3 of the black bean mixture for Round 2 recipe. Divide remaining black bean mixture into 4 portions and form into patties. Place patties on hot, oiled grill over medium-low heat and cook for about 12 minutes, 6 minutes on each side. (Toast hamburger buns on grill.)
5. Place each burger on a bun and top with lettuce, tomato, and ketchup.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Top Consumer Investigations: Are Fiber-Fortified Foods Fake?.