- 2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1/2 cup fruit, your choice
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 tsp orange zest, optional
- Dash of stevia or honey, optional
Bring the 2 cups water to a boil and add the rice and return to boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 50 minutes. This can be done the night before.
Combine cooked rice, milk coconut flax, cinnamon, orange zest and sweetener in a saucepan. Simmer on low for 10 minutes or until creamy and well combined.
Top with nuts and fruit. Serve warm.