- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup canned diced green chiles
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs raw sirloin beef, trimmed of excess fat
For this recipe, make sure your slow cooker has at least a 4-quart capacity.
In a slow cooker, mix all ingredients except beef. Add beef and stir to coat.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours, until beef is fully cooked and tender.
Transfer beef to a large bowl. Shred with two forks – one to hold the beef in place and the other to scrape across and shred it.
Return the shredded beef to the slow cooker and mix well. Enjoy!