Whether it's for brunch or lunch, this quiche is sure to satisfy a crowd! Easy to make, this dish is low in carbs and packed with protein. It's also low in calories, which is great for those looking for a light breakfast.
Recipe from Hungry Girl Simply 6: All-Natural Recipes with 6 Ingredients Or Less, By Lisa Lillien
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups (about 12 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9inche pie pan with nonstick spray.
2. Place broccoli in a medium-large microwave-safe bowl. Add 1/4 cup water. Cover and microwave for 2 1/2 minutes, or until soft. Drain excess liquid.
3. In a large bowl, combine egg, yogurt, milk, and seasonings. Whisk with a fork until uniform. Add broccoli and cheese and stir to mix.
4. Transfer to the pie pan. Bake until firm and cooked through, about 25 minutes.
5. Top with scallions.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Oz Investigates: Frozen Chicken Wings.