This tostada is filled with protein as well as a healthy serving of veggies--a great combo to start of your day! Try this as an alternative breakfast on the Day-Off Diet. Find out more about the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
1 oz (about 2 tbsp) mashed avocado
2 tbsp fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1/8 tsp plus 1 dash onion powder
1/8 tsp plus 1 dash garlic powder
dash chili powder
1 cup chopped spinach leaves
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 cup egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
1/4 cup seeded and diced tomato
3/4 cup raspberries and/or blackberries or 50 calories worth of another fruit
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Lay tortilla on the sheet, and bake until slightly crispy, about 4 minutes.
3. Flip tortilla, and bake until crispy with lightly browned edges, about 4 more minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix avocado with yogurt until uniform. Stir in a dash of each seasoning.
5. In a large microwave-safe mug, combine spinach, mushrooms, and pepper. Microwave for 2 minutes, or until softened. Transfer to a medium bowl, and blot away excess moisture.
6. Spray the mug with nonstick spray. Add egg whites/substitute and remaining 1/8 teaspoon each onion powder and garlic powder. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for 30 seconds, or until set.
7. Spread tortilla with avocado mixture. Top with egg scramble, veggies, and tomato.
8. Serve with fruit.
newsletter and never
miss the best content.
Get everything you
need to live healthy
and happy. Click here to sign up.