Warm up with this simple yet hearty vegetable soup recipe. It's perfect for lunch or dinner when paired with a side salad or freshly baked bread. Find out more about the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken, vegetable, or beef broth
- 3 cups chopped green cabbage
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
- pinch salt (optional)
1. Bring a large nonstick pot to medium heat. Add carrots, onion, and garlic, and cook and stir until onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Carefully add all remaining ingredients to the pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
3. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until green beans are tender.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Food Truth Series: What You Need to Know About Processed Meats.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!