Warm up with this simple yet hearty vegetable soup recipe. It's perfect for lunch or dinner when paired with a side salad or freshly baked bread. Find out more about the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken, vegetable, or beef broth
- 3 cups chopped green cabbage
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
- pinch salt (optional)
1. Bring a large nonstick pot to medium heat. Add carrots, onion, and garlic, and cook and stir until onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Carefully add all remaining ingredients to the pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
3. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until green beans are tender.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Food Truth Series: What You Need to Know About Processed Meats.