Makeover your deep-fried potato classic with this crispy, spaghetti squash hash browns recipe. It's a delicious and healthy alternative that will become a new family favorite! Find out more about the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
- 2 1/4 lbs spaghetti squash, seeds removed, halved (about half a spaghetti squash)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Cooking spray
1. Microwave whole squash for 6 minutes, or until soft enough to cut in half. Wrap remainder half of squash in plastic and refrigerate for later.
1. Place spaghetti squash pieces in a large micowave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and microwave for 8 minutes, or until soft.
2. Scrape the squash strands into a strainer, and let excess moisture drain. Thoroughly pat dry.
3. Transfer squash strands to a large bowl. Thoroughly mix in all remaining ingredients.
4. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Bring the skillet to high heat.
5. Add the squash mixture into the skillet, spread into an even layer, and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Flip the mixture and cook until lightly browned, about 2 more minutes.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Food Truth Series: What You Need to Know About Processed Meats.