Make your own grab-and-go breakfast sandwiches with this delicious recipe! Just because you're in a time crunch doesn't mean you have to sacrifice a nutritious breakfast. Make these ahead of time and put them in the freezer to warm up and eat whenever you're in a rush.
Recipe from Hungry Girl Simply 6: All-Natural Recipes with 6 Ingredients Or Less, By Lisa Lillien
- 1 1/2 cups (about 12 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 4 light English muffins
- 4 slices (about 3 oz) reduced-sodium ham
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium-large bowl, use a fork to whisk egg with seasonings.
3. Transfer to the baking pan. Bake until firm and cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, split and toast English muffins. Warm ham in the microwave, if desired.
5. Sprinkle cheese over the egg bake. Bake until melted, about 2 minutes.
6. Slice egg bake into 4 squares. If eating immediately, lay a square on top of each bottom muffin half. Top with ham. Finish with top muffin halves. Assemble sandwiches and freeze.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Oz Investigates: Frozen Chicken Wings.