1/4 cup steel-cut oats dash of salt 1 frozen meatless or turkey sausage patty with 80 calories or less (like the kind by MorningStar Farms or Jimmy Dean) 1/2 cup frozen peas 2 tbsp bagged sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped 1 tsp grated Parmesan cheese optional seasonings: salt, fresh chopped basil
1. In a medium-small pot, bring 1 1/4 cups of water to a boil.
2. Add oats and salt, and return to boil.
3. Reduce to a low simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, or until thickened.
4. Meanwhile, prepare sausage in a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray or on a microwave-safe plate in the microwave. Refer to package for cook time instructions.
5. Add peas and chopped sun-dried tomatoes to the pot. Cook and stir until hot, about two minutes.
6. Transfer oatmeal to a medium bowl.
7. Chop or crumble sausage, and stir into oatmeal. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and season with salt or fresh basil.
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s newsletter and never miss the best content.
Get everything you need to live healthy and happy.
Click here to sign up.