Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien's five-step slow cooker chicken fajitas recipes is bursting with flavor. You can wrap the fajitas using traditional flour or corn tortilla, or to save the calories and carbohydrates, wrap it in lettuce or use it to top off a salad.This dish has 20 grams of protein and a mere 128 calories per serving, making it a delightfully low-calorie and satisfying option.
- 1 1/2 lbs raw boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups sliced red and green bell peppers
- 2 cups sliced onion
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1. Place chicken in a slow cooker, and season with salt and black pepper. Add peppers, onion, and seasonings. Top with broth, and stir to mix.
2. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
3. Transfer chicken to a large bowl. Shred with two forks — one to hold the chicken in place and the other to scrape across and shred it.
4. Return shredded chicken to the slow cooker, and mix well.
5. Serve with a slotted spoon, draining the broth.
Recipe from Lisa Lillien's Clean and Hungry.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Holly Robinson Peete and Rodney Peete: The Diagnosis They Never Expected.