Makes 2 servings
- 4 oz reduced-calorie, high-fiber penne pasta
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 3 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 2/3 cup low-sodium marinara
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
- 2 wedges light creamy Swiss cheese
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Cook pasta per package instructions, 6-10 minutes. Drain and cover to keep warm. Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
Add spinach and cook and stir until wilted. Add all other ingredients except cooked pasta, breaking the cheese wedges into pieces. Cook and stir until cheese has melted and mixed with sauce, about 2 minutes. Add pasta and cook and stir until hot and thoroughly coated, about 1 minute. Enjoy!