This recipe makes more than the nine cups and can be enjoyed in an unlimited quantity. For more information about The Burn Plan click here.
- 4 quarts water
- 4 carrots, diced
- 4 celery stalks, with leaves
- 2 cups chopped collard greens, chard, and/or dandelion tops
- 1 red onion, minced
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 2 cups turnips, parsnips, and/or rutabagas
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or dried shiitake or maitake mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups white button mushrooms
- 1 cup minced daikon or white radish, root and tops
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or more to taste
Combine all ingredients in a stockpot and bring to a boil.
Let simmer for 2 hours. Allow to cool. Then purée in a blender, or blend in the pot with a blender.
Serve warm, room temperature, or chilled.
This soup will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or you can freeze it in individual portions for later use.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Metabolism Makeover: What to Eat When the Scale Is Stuck .