This immune-boosting latte contains a special ingredient that will keep you awake and fight inflammation, all without a single drop of coffee included. So, what is the magic ingredient? Beets! Beets are known for their vibrant pink color and are high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1 medium beet, peeled
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Roast the beet in aluminum foil for 30 minutes.
2. Add beet, honey, nutmeg, ginger, and 1 cup of almond milk into a blender and pulse until beet mixture becomes smooth.
3. Take the beet mixture and heat it in a pot until it comes to a boil. Once boiling, take off the fire and strain.
4. Take the strained liquid and put into two cups. Blend 1/2 cup of almond milk until foamy.
5. Add foamed milk on top of each beet drink to create a latte. Top with a dash of ginger and nutmeg and enjoy!
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in What’s Your Real Brain Strength? Bulletproof Coffee Guru’s Instant Test.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!