All the ingredients in this cider are great for fighting cold and flu symptoms, which is why Dr. Roshini Raj advises keeping it on hand throughout the winter. Dr. Raj recommends first-time drinkers should dilute the drink with tonic, warm water, or apple cider as it is very strong. A serving of this is a shot glass full.
- 24 oz raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup horseradish
- 1/2 cup ginger
- 1/2 cup garlic
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp honey
1. Place ingredients into a jar. Place parchment paper over the jar and close the lid.
2. Store in a cool, dark place for at least a month.
3. Strain through a cheesecloth into a clean jar.
4. You can drink the cider and use the pulp leftover as a seasoning for other dishes.