Craving something warm and comforting this holiday season? Jacques Torres' homemade hot chocolate recipe is always a home run! The rich and velvety texture will satisfy your cravings and add an extra layer of coziness to your winter routine.
- 2-3 cups whole milk (depending on desired thickness)
- 1/2 cup milk powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup 60% dark chocolate, in discs or coarsely chopped
- whipped cream (optional)
1. Bring milk to a boil in a medium sauce pot over medium-high heat.
2. Lower the heat to medium then add the chocolate, whisking vigorously until the chocolate is completely melted.
3. Add the milk powder and cornstarch, still whisking, until everything is dissolved and the mixture is smooth and thick.
4. To serve, divide the hot chocolate among four mugs or glasses, then garnish each with a large dollop of whipped cream.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!