You don't have to wait until your memory starts to weaken to preserve it. Nutrition is one of the first and easiest steps you can take to improve your brain health. This recipe is a delicious, healthier twist on the traditional Jamaican beef patty from Max Lugavere, author of Genius Foods, a new book that explains how to use certain foods to ward of Alzheimer's and sharpen your memory. It's the perfect combination of phytonutrients and spices like turmeric, cardamom, and cumin that will help keep you sharp!
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the ghee in a medium skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Throw in the smashed garlic and allow to aromatize for 1 minute.
4. Add the ground beef, throw on the salt and all the other spices, and cook, stirring often to break it up, until browned, about 10 minutes.
5. Sprinkle a generous amount of nutritional yeast.
6. Serve alongside or over sautéed greens.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!