Photo from Elizabeth Griffin.
Stay satiated after enjoying this filling and flavorful recipe from Jamie Oliver. Fava beans are high in the amino acid L-tyrosine, helping to diminish cravings and prevent you from overeating.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 7 oz fresh podded or frozen fava beans
- 1 oz whole almonds
- 1 17 oz jar of roasted red peppers in brine
- 1/2 bunch of fresh Italian Parsley
- 1 oz Manchego cheese
- 5 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Boil the beans in a pan of boiling, salted water for 3 minutes, then drain and pinch the skins off any larger beans.
2. Toast the almonds in a dry grill pan on medium heat until lightly golden, tossing regularly, then remove and finely slice.
3. Drain the peppers and open out flat, then char on the hot grill until bar-marked on one side only. Remove and slice ½ inch thick.
4. Finely slice the parsley stalks, pick the leaves, then toss with the fava beans, peppers, 4 1/2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar and 1 tbsp brine from the pepper jar.
5. Taste, season to perfection with sea salt and black pepper, and divide between your plates.
6. Finely shave over the cheese with a vegetable peeler, drizzle with 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, scatter over the almonds, and serve.