Photo from Elizabeth Griffin
Stop fearing the carbs in pasta with Jamie Oliver's guilt-free green spaghetti recipe. Made with vitamin-rich kale and salty Parmesan, this recipe is filled with equal parts flavor and health benefits. This is a green dish everyone will love, including the kids!
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 5 oz dried spaghetti
- 4 cloves garlic
- 7 oz cavolo nero (Tuscan kale)
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese
- 1 oz ricotta cheese
1. Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to the package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, peel the garlic. Tear the stems out of the cavolo nero and discard, adding the leaves and the garlic to the pasta pan for 5 minutes.
3. Pour 1 ½ tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a blender, then finely grate in the parmesan.
4. Use tongs to carefully transfer the cavolo leaves and garlic straight into the blender and blitz for a few minutes until super-smooth. Taste and season to perfection with sea salt and black pepper.
5. Drain the pasta, reserving a cupful of cooking water.
6. Return the pasta to the pan and toss with the vibrant green sauce, loosening with a splash of reserved cooking water, if needed, then divide between your plates.
7. Dot over the ricotta, drizzle with a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil, and tuck right in.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Oz-Approved! The Brand New 3-Day Teatox That Won’t Make You Hungry.