Photo by Elizabeth Griffin
Your mom's old casserole recipe just got an ungrade. With a mix of vegetables and delicious cheesy goodness, this recipe is an easy meal the whole family will love.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves, chopped
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated & divided
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 pounds broccoli florets, blanched or frozen
- 1 pound rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted & chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
2. Place a large dutch oven on medium heat and add the butter. When melted, add in the onion and season with the salt, pepper, paprika, and thyme. Cook the onions until they are translucent, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in the milk and cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups of cheddar. Stir in the cauliflower rice just to coat and add in the broccoli and chicken. Season again with salt and pepper. When the cheese has melted, pour into a baking dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
4. Place into the oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes until bubbling and the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and top with the chopped parsley and toasted nuts. Serve.