Photo from Elizabeth Griffin
Eating dessert on Halloween seems like a given, but if you want to show up on Halloween with the spookiest, most delicious dessert out there, look no further than this Cookies and Scream Graveyard Crunch recipe. This no-bake dessert is easy to make and sure to please everyone and is super fun to make with kids.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 12 oz box of woven grain or rice cereal
- 12 oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 5 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 2 oz melted chocolate
- 3 oblong vanilla sandwich cookies
- assorted marshmallow ghosts ad gummy worms for decorating
1. Put the cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter together in a saucepan over low heat. Pour over the cereal and toss to coat thoroughly and season with a pinch of salt.
3. Add 3 cups of the chocolate wafer cookie crumbs and toss to coat.
4. Pour into a 9x13 casserole dish, then sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of cookie crumbs over the top.
5. Add the melted chocolate to a piping bag fitted with a fine round tip.
7. To make gravestones, pull apart the sandwich cookies and remove the frosting. On the flat side of the cookies, add a border of chocolate around the edge and add cobwebs, bats, or write RIP at the top of each.
8. Decorate the graveyard with marshmallow ghosts, gummy worms and gravestones.