Photo by Elizabeth Griffin
Make brunch festive this year by cooking these hash brown breakfast baskets. Not only are they bite-sized and perfect for passing around the table, they are a delicious way to start the day. Add your favorite toppings, like hot sauce, to get even more flavor out of this spring-themed recipe.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 8 cups frozen hash browns, thawed and well-drained
- 1 1/2 cups grated white cheddar
- 2 tsp paprika
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- hot sauce, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Place the hash browns into a large mixing bowl and add in the cheese, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Divide the potato mixture evenly throughout a 12 cup greased muffin tin. Press the potatoes down and up the sides to create a cup or basket to hold the eggs. Drizzle with the olive oil.
3. Place the muffin tin into the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Reduce the heat to 350°F. Place one egg into each cup and bake until the eggs are set, about 15 more minutes.
4. Pop the potato egg baskets out of the muffin tin and garnish with chives. Top with hot sauce if desired.