You don't have to wait until the weekend to indulge in this mojito (shrimp) recipe. This dish uses rum, mint, and sugar to flavor your shrimp dish. Serve them in bulk for a family dinner or put them in a fun cocktail glass to serve at parties!
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 1/4 cup white rum
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sugar or agave
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- zest of one lime
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, tail on, deveined
1. In a bowl mix all ingredients except shrimp. Mix well until sugar dissolves.
2. Add shrimp to bowl and stir to coat shrimp. Marinate for 10 minutes.
3. Heat grill pan to high. Arrange shrimp on grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Once cooked, remove from grill and serve immediately.
**Note: For a fun way to serve your shrimp, make an additional batch of the marinade and toss with half a bag of shredded cole slaw mix. Layer slaw into bottom of martini glass and top with grilled mojito shrimp. Garnish with mint leaves and lime wedges (as shown in picture)
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Queen Latifah’s Secret Stress and Anxiety Reliever.