Photo from Elizabeth Griffin
Up your appetizer game with this fun twist on jalapeño poppers. These mac n' cheese stuffed, bite-sized poppers are the perfect combination of spicy and cheesy — you might want to make double, they'll go fast.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 12 jalapeños, halved and seeded
- 5 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 stick of cream cheese
- 4-5 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 lb cooked macaroni
- 3 chives, minced
- 3 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Place the peppers cut side up on a baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes until slightly soft. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
3. Heat a large Dutch oven medium heat and add 5 tablespoons butter. Stir in the flour and cook until light brown and bubbling, about 4 minutes.
4. Add the milk and bring just to a simmer and then reduce to medium-low heat. Stir in the cream cheese and the cheddar. Add in the macaroni.
5. Stuff the jalapeños with the mac n' cheese, sprinkle with the cheddar and the bacon and place back into the oven for 15 to 18 minutes until the cheese is slightly golden.
6. Remove from the oven and place on a platter. Garnish with chopped chives.