Cornbread is the bread of choice in this inventive stuffing dish. A muffin tin will help you get perfectly portioned servings, making sharing and saving super easy!
- 2 smoked sausage links
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp minced jalepeno
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- kosher salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 box cornbread cubes
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Place the smoked sausage into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until has ground into small chunks but not a paste.
2. Place a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add in the sausage. Cook until browned and crispy and drain onto a paper towel-lined plate.
3. Place the onions, garlic, celery and jalapeno into the same food processor and pulse to chop.
4. Place the sausage pan back onto the heat and add in the butter and veggies. Season with salt and pepper and cook until translucent, about 6 to 8 minutes.
5. While the veggies cook, place the cornbread into a large bowl and add the sausage, sage, thyme, and chicken stock.
6. Stir in the cooked veggies and the parsley.
7. Place the stuffing into greased muffin tins.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and slightly crispy on top. Serve hot.