Photo by Elizabeth Griffin
You may think of crab cakes as out of reach for a weeknight dinner, but if you've got boxed stuffing at home, you're already halfway there. These mouth-watering spicy crab cakes are flavorful and super easy to make.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 12 oz jumbo lump crab
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and minced
- 1/2 cup store-bought stuffing
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Place the crab in a large bowl and pick through to make sure there are no bits of shell.
2. Place the stuffing into a food processor and pulse to break up the pieces. Add to the bowl with the crab cakes.
3. Add in the jalapeño, cilantro, Dijon, sour cream, salt, and egg. Gently stir to combine trying to keep the crab in large pieces.
4. Divide into eight equal portions and gently form into cakes. Set aside.
5. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add in the oil. When hot, add in the crab cakes and cook in batches (3 to 4 minutes per sid) until golden brown and crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and drain. Season with a little more salt and a squeeze of lemon.