You'll be able to make this impressive appetizer, featuring juicy thick-cut bacon, in no-time. These wedge salad skewers feature a DIY "better for you" blue cheese dressing made from Greek yogurt and protein-rich buttermilk.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into bite size wedges
- 6-8 strips of cooked thick cut bacon, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 avocados, pitted and diced
- bamboo skewers
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Onto a skewer, stack lettuce wedge, bacon pieces, onion, avocado, and tomato.
2. Repeat to fill skewers until all ingredients are used up. Arrange skewers on plate or platter.
3. Pour dressing ingredients — Greek yogurt, blue cheese, buttermilk, garlic powder, white vinegar, salt, and pepper — into bowl or mason jar. Whisk together or shake vigorously until well-incorporated.
4. Drizzle dressing over skewers. Top with fresh black pepper.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant .
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!