Are you struggling to find the time to cook a well balanced and nutritious meal? Jessie James Decker's southern-inspired meal is not only delicious but also low in calories and fat. Whip up this spicy and flavorful dish for your family the next time you're craving a warm and satisfying bowl of pasta.
Recipe from Just Jessie: My Guide to Love, Life, Family, and Food by Jessie James Decker
- 1 lb pasta of choice
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, and cut on a diagnonal in inch-long pieces
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- cajun seasoning, to taste
- 1 10 oz can of mild diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
1. In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
2. Add the onion and sauté for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the asparagus and sauté for 3 minutes.
4. Add the shrimp and cook for 4 minutes.
5. Season with salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning.
6. Pour in the diced tomatoes and half-and-half and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
7. Remove from the heat and pour over the pasta. Toss to coat the pasta thoroughly, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!