Nutrition expert JJ Virgin's detoxifying recipe cooks three servings, making it the perfect dinner option if you're on the 3-Day Teatox. Simply refrigerate the leftovers and reheat each night. Pair this final meal of the day with a cup of valerian root tea a few hours before bed to promote healthy sleep. This meal and drink combo is not only delicious and satisfying but it will also prevent carb cravings and balance your mood.
2 tbsp sesame oil
6 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos
1 tbsp lime juice
3 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
2 1/2 tsp clove garlic, finely minced
3/4 tsp ground black pepper
dash dried red pepper flakes (to taste)
8 oz thinly sliced chard leaves (stalks removed) or baby spinach (about 4 cups packed)
6-8 baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 cup broccoli florets
1/2 large red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
3 tbsp bone broth
1 tbsp arrowroot powder or potato starch
To cook salmon:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Brush the bottom of a glass baking dish with 1 tbsp sesame oil.
3. Place salmon fillets in dish about 2 inches apart.
4. Whisk together 3 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos, lime juice, 1 1/2 tsp grated ginger, 1/2 clove garlic minced, and 1/4 tsp ground pepper, and spoon evenly over the top of the salmon fillets.
5. Bake at 425F for 12-14 minutes, until fillets are cooked through and flake easily with a fork.
To make the stir fry:
1. Heat 1 Tbsp of sesame oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
2. Add 2 cloves garlic minced and 2 tsp grated ginger and cook until fragrant while stirring constantly 30-60 seconds.
3. Add all the vegetables and cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 5-6 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together bone broth, 3 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos, and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
5. Pour into veggies while stirring and cook 1-2 minutes more, until sauce is thickened and veggies are glazed.
6. Serve salmon and stir-fry over shirataki noodles or ½ cup brown rice if desired.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.