Nutrition expert JJ Virgin's hearty oatmeal recipe pairs beautifully with your detox tea in the morning if you're on the 3-Day Teatox. Feel satiated with this fiber-rich blend of chia seeds and oats. The combination of dandelion and milk thistle tea with tasty oats will satisfy your hunger and beat bloat the same time.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup gluten-free steel cut oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp thinly sliced almonds (optional)
1. Combine coconut milk, water, berries, and oats in a small saucepan. Stir well as you bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, until oats are tender.
3. Stir in chia seeds and remove from heat.
4. Add another splash of coconut water if you prefer your oatmeal thinner, top with sliced almonds, and serve immediately.
*Tip: You can add extra flavor to your oatmeal with a pinch of sea salt and a dash of your favorite sweeteners like stevia, monk fruit or allulose.