Who says oatmeal has to just be sweet? Nutrition expert JJ Virgin's recipe is just what the doctor ordered. Ditch the muffins and sweetened cereal, and replace it with this filling breakfast dish that will have you feeling satiated until lunch. Drinking a dandelion and milk thistle blended tea right before this breakfast when you first wake up will help to protect the liver as your body detoxifies on the 3-Day Teatox.
- 1/2 cup sliced portobello or cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup baby spinach or kale
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 cup bone broth (or veggie broth for vegetarians)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free steel cut oats
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
1. Combine bone broth, oats, and sea salt in a small saucepan. Stir well as you bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes.
3. While oats cook, add olive oil, mushrooms, and spinach to small saute pan. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until spinach, is wilted and mushrooms are tender.
4. Add soy sauce or coconut aminos and cook one minute more, then remove from heat.
5. When oats are tender, stir in chia seeds and remove from heat.
6. Add another splash of bone broth if you prefer your oatmeal thinner.
7. Top with sauteed veggies, sprinkle on chopped walnuts and serve immediately.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Oz-Approved! The Brand New 3-Day Teatox That Won’t Make You Hungry.